Salt Lake City Migraine Treatment Specialist
Non-Invasive Headache Treatment offered in Salt Lake City, Utah
Our Salt Lake City Chiropractic Clinic Guarantees
- Certified Chiropractic Treatment Providers
- Your Health is Our Priority
- Communication that is honest and open
Work with us to remedy your aches and pains with corrective chiropractic care. We at Creekside Chiropractic specialize in Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP), a non-intrusive chiropractic treatment. Call and schedule today for a Free Exam and Consultation (801) 256-6675 today!
Many people in the Salt Lake City area are troubled by migraines on a regular basis, and headaches that are so severe it completely disrupts your normal routine, and makes you feel like you just need to lay in bed in a dark room. In some cases, people try to hold off all the symptoms of headaches and migraines by taking medications which manage the symptoms for a time.
The downside of this approach is that there are often side effects which come with the medication, and even when it’s effective, it’s beneficial effects will eventually wear off, and then you might have all the symptoms come flooding back. There is a better way to manage headache and migraine pain, and more people are taking advantage of this as they learn about it. It will definitely be to your advantage to consult with us as your headache and migraine chiropractor in Salt Lake City, so contact us at Creekside Chiropractic, and let us help put you on the road to long-lasting recovery.
Causes of migraines and headaches
Treat the cause not the symptom
As many as 45 million Americans are suffering from headaches and migraines at any given point in time, and that means many people are seeking relief from pain that can sometimes be debilitating. While no single cause can be pointed to with certainty, it has been shown through research that a number of problems in the neck and spine have a close association with the occurrence of migraines.
These severe headaches often result from extreme tension centered around the upper back in the neck, and this kind of discomfort is often triggered by bad posture and spinal misalignment. Here are some of the most common causes of migraine headaches:
- emotional triggers – triggers such as depression, shock, stress, or anxiety can set off a migraine very quickly.
- environmental triggers – sometimes all it takes is exposure to a bright light or a change in temperature to set off a migraine. It’s also possible to start a headache with flickering screens, strong smells, loud noises, second-hand smoke, or a room which is extremely stuffy.
- physical causes – you may be subject to a migraine if you have had inadequate sleep or excessive fatigue. Other physical triggers may be over-exertion, tension in your shoulders or your neck, low blood sugar, and possibly even jet lag.
- dietary triggers – two very common triggers for migraine headaches are caffeine and alcohol. Other triggers related to food are citrus fruits chocolate, cheese, and a number of different foods which contain tyramine. Migraine headaches can also be triggered by dehydration.
- hormonal changes – a number of women experience migraines at the time of their menstrual cycle, or when they’re going through other hormonal changes.
- medication triggers – a number of different pharmaceuticals like sleeping pills, contraceptives, and hormonal replacement medications can set off migraine headaches.
Treatment for migraines
Comprehensive treatment plans offered at Creekside Chiropractic
One of the things you can do to minimize the effects of migraine headaches is to adopt some changes in your lifestyle. Getting plenty of rest is always a good thing, as is trying to manage the level of stress you’re exposed to. You can also do your best to avoid food triggers and drinking alcohol. It’s a good thing to drink as much water as possible, and to make sure that you get exercise on a daily basis.
If you have found that you have some kind of spinal misalignment which shows up on an x-ray, corrective chiropractic care can be very effective at relieving your symptoms. When pressure has been relieved from nerves around the spinal cord, one of the potential triggers for migraines will have been eliminated, and you can focus on minimizing all the other triggers which might impact you personally.
We at Creekside Chiropractic offer chiropractic care, sports injury treatment, disc compression therapy, sciatica treatment, posture treatment, and more to relieve pain, restore spinal function, and preserve structural integrity. Also, we offer wellness programs to stay fit long-term. Book an appointment today!