Chiropractic Biophysics in Salt Lake City, Utah
The Most Advanced Chiropractic Care Technique for Posture Correction.
Our Salt Lake City Chiropractic Care Clinic Guarantees
- Treating the Cause, Not Just the Symptoms
- A Holistic Approach to Healthcare
- Individualized, Comprehensive Chiropractic Care
Work with us to remedy your aches and pains with corrective chiropractic care. We at Creekside Chiropractic specialize in Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP), a non-intrusive chiropractic treatment. Call to schedule an Exam and Consultation (801) 256-6675 today!
What is Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP)?
An explanation and how you can benefit from the technique
Chiropractic BioPhysics® or CBP® is the most specific and scientifically researched Chiropractic technique. The focus of CBP is to correct posture, restore and preserve normal spinal alignment and alleviate pain.
Chiropractic BioPhysics® combines advanced spinal rehabilitation techniques and takes a modern approach to Chiropractic care. The premise behind Chiropractic Biophysics® is to use biomechanics, physiology and anatomy to restore normal function to the spine. This approach allows you to remain mobile, have a higher quality of life and helps you avoid a life of drugs and surgery.
CBP® is the most researched and modern Chiropractic technique in the world. CBP® has more than 240 publications that are found in the world’s leading medical journals, such as ‘Spine’, ‘Clinical Biomechanics’, and ‘The Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development’. The uniqueness CBP® offers even compared to other Chiropractic Techniques is found in the research. CBP® publications in scientific peer-reviewed journals included 13 randomized controlled trials and 7 non-randomized controlled trials. CBP® is advancing the field of Chiropractic, Spinal Biomechanics and non-surgical spine correction and rehabilitation.
CBP® uses a protocol called EAT, which includes mirror image Exercise, Adjustment and Traction.
Exercise: The patient is given specific exercises to help correct the patient’s posture. These exercises are given following a detailed exam and posture evaluation. Posture is a blueprint to the spine and a critical component to long term pain reduction.
Adjustment: The adjustment is the most important part of the CBP® technique. In fact it is the most important thing we do at Creekside Chiropractic. The adjustment will reduce nerve irritation, giving you a better quality of life. The adjustments also improve posture. Once we reduce nerve irritation and improve posture, the Adjustments will allow you to get back to doing those things you love to do.
Traction: Chiropractic BioPhysics® uses a specific style of traction that is unique and different compared to other types of traction. This concept is called mirror image traction. The goal of traction is to improve and restore normal biomechanics to the spine, which should be straight from the front and have three distinct curves from the side.
|CBP® Doctor of Chiropractic||Doctor of Chiropractic||Medical Doctor||Doctor of Physical Therapy|
|Education: Total Classroom Hours||4700 hrs||4700 hrs||4550 hrs||3075 hrs|
|Training on Structural Rehabilitation of the Spine||400+ hrs||0 hrs||0 hrs||0 hrs|
|Drugs (to hide symptoms)||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|Surgery (to fuse or remove symptom generator)||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|Adjustments of the spine||✅||✅||❌||❌|
|Biomechanical Analysis of X-rays||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Mirror-Image® Traction to correct the cause of the problem||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Mirror-Image® Exercises to correct the cause of the problem||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Mirror-Image® Adjustments to correct the cause of the problem||✅||❌||❌||❌|
What to Expect from a CBP Chiropractor?
We provide a thorough examination and custom plan
We recognize that pain is a motivator and typically the thing that makes you call our office. However, we are going to look at your case with a long term approach to care. When you come into the office we will do a detailed consultation, exam and x-ray. We will give you recommendations based on your goals and our findings.
The doctor will carefully assess your case and create a specific plan for your needs that will include, adjustments, exercise, posture correction and spinal remodeling. Our ultimate goal is to get you back to doing the things you love most while also allowing you to avoid unnecessary visits, drugs and surgery.
When we do your detailed exam we will be looking for four many things that ultimately trigger your pain.
- How is your spine positioned?
- How does your spine move?
- Do you have Degenerative Changes?
- What does your posture look like?
How is CBP Different from Other Techniques?
A mix of Advanced Chiropractic Care and Physical Therapy
Traditional Chiropractic works very well for pain reduction. However, CBP® is uniquely different. Our team will gladly work with you and tailor our program to address your individual needs. We do not offer a cookie cutter, one sizes fits all approach to your care.
Our approach to care is a combination of Advanced Chiropractic Techniques and a Physical Therapy. The approach is very modern and scientifically proven.
Below is a short list of unique aspects of CBP®.
- Digital Posture Analysis
- Digital X-ray Analysis
- Motion Study X-ray Analysis
- Mirror Image Postural Adjustments
- Customized Postural Exercises
- Personalized treatment plan
The best part about this approach is there is a lot you can do at home. CBP is a 50/50 approach to your health. We make sure to keep track of both your improvements and your objective results along the way. If you do your part at home, we will get you back to doing the things you love to do.
- Harrison DE, Harrison DD, Cailliet R, Janik TJ, Holland B. Changes in Sagittal Lumbar Configuration with a New Method of Extension Traction: Non-randomized Clinical Control Trial. Arch Phys Med Rehab 2002;83(11):1585-1591.
- Harrison DD, Jackson BL, Troyanovich SJ, Robertson GA, DeGeorge D, Barker WF. The Efficacy of Cervical Extension-Compression Traction Combined with Diversified Manipulation and Drop Table Adjustments in the Rehabilitation of Cervical Lordosis. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1994;17(7):454-464.
- Harrison DE, Harrison DD, Betz J, Colloca CJ, Janik TJ, Holland B. Increasing the Cervical Lordosis with Seated Combined Extension-Compression and Transverse Load Cervical Traction with Cervical Manipulation: Non-randomized Clinical Control Trial. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 2003; 26(3): 139-151.
- Harrison DE, Cailliet R, Harrison DD, Janik TJ, Holland B. New 3-Point Bending Traction Method of Restoring Cervical Lordosis Combined with Cervical Manipulation: Non-randomized Clinical Control Trial. Arch Phys Med Rehab 2002; 83(4): 447-453.
- Harrison DE, Cailliet R, Betz JW, Harrison DD, Haas JW, Janik TJ, Holland B. Harrison Mirror Image Methods for Correcting Trunk List: A Non-randomized Clinical Control Trial. Eur Spine J 2004; In Press.
- Harrison DE, Harrison DD, Haas JW, Betz JW, Janik TJ, Holland B. Conservative Methods to Correct Lateral Translations of the Head: A Non-randomized Clinical Control Trial. J Rehab Res Devel 2004;41(4):631-640.